Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas

So Christmas wasn't what I am used to.  There was no snow, no family, no church, but there WAS snorkeling, me telling Matt the Christmas story on a walk while picking strawberry guavas, eating a brunch with our extended Maui family, 80 degree weather and singing Christmas carols as we watched the sunset.  The photos is of Jenstar, Kelsey and me singing Christmas carols after we snorkeled.  The snorkeling was fun once we all figured out which borrowed equipment fit us best.  Some of us swam with turtles - what beautiful creatures - and we all enjoyed the meditative act that breathing underwater is!  I was homesick for familiar traditions around Christmas but I think Matt and I improvised quite well for our first Christmas together as a married duo!
  

1 comment:

jaha said...

do you notice in this picture, it almost looks like i am picking my wedgie?




just sayin.